Real-time Neuropsychological Evaluations
We call our evaluations Real-time Neuropsychological Evaluations: a child-centered approach™ as they are highly interactive and include clear and immediate feedback during the entire testing process. We work as a team to gain a deeper appreciation of your child and explore strategies that support their overall development. We value and encourage questions and comments throughout – leading to a more meaningful and enriching understanding for everyone involved.
To accomplish this, we:
- Meet to discuss your observations, clarify goals, and ensure that we can help.
- Review all records and obtain feedback from other professionals that know your child.
- Talk with your child about the process, ask them to share what they see as their strengths and challenges, and clarify what they want to learn from the evaluation process.
- Complete the testing in two 4-hour sessions or three 2-hour sessions, depending on your child’s age. We work in teams of two: a Ph.D. Neuropsychologist and a master’s level licensed Psychology Associate. Our assessment includes measures of intelligence, cognitive abilities, academic achievement, and behavioral/emotional functions. We use standard procedures but select specific measures based on your observations, your child’s questions, and real-time results.
- Share our results with you as we gather the information and correlate our findings to the observations you shared during the intake session. This gives us an opportunity to tailor the evaluation procedures to your child’s individual needs.
- Share results with your child during the process and after the evaluation is completed using language they can understand.
- Meet in a separate feedback session for an in-depth review of our findings and to identify next steps.
- Prepare a written report that details all of our findings and recommendations, and is clear, concise, and easy to read.
- Provide our written report in a timely manner (i.e., 2-week turnaround time from our final feedback session).
- Maintain communication after the report is completed to clarify results and recommendations.
- Remain available for questions and additional recommendations via a follow-up consultation.